Smartphone photography is becoming increasingly popular as technology advances, and the quality of photos taken with phones continues to improve. In 2023, smartphone photography will be even more accessible and of higher quality than ever before. To help you make the most of your phone’s camera, here are five useful tips for smartphone photography in 2023.
1. Investing in a good phone can make a huge difference in the quality of your photos. I'm not suggesting to break the bank or run out and buy a new phone right away! Just realising that your phone can be one of the most important single, multi tools you have, its no longer just as a device for making calls to my mom, it is a very important tool for my business so getting something thats half decent is always a must for me!
2. Use natural light: Natural light is one of the best ways to capture beautiful photos with your phone. Try to find a spot where the light is soft and even, and avoid using your phone’s flash.
3. Shoot in RAW: Shooting in RAW is a great way to get more control over your photos. RAW images contain more data than JPEGs, which allows you to make more adjustments in post-processing.
4. Use manual mode: Manual mode allows you to take control over your camera’s settings! This is usually found on your phones camera marked with a little arrow at the top of your screen if you re on an iPhone. Here you will find exposure controls and much more. Its not an absolute necessity but if you're trying to underexpose or get a little more creative than what your cameras auto feature allows, this is a nice place to play around! This can help you capture better photos in different lighting conditions.
5. Experiment with editing apps: Editing apps can help you enhance your photos and add creative effects. There are a variety of apps available, so be sure to experiment and find the ones that work best for you. We are currently using the TONE STUDIO editing app for processing our mobile images!
By following these tips, you’ll be able to take better photos with your smartphone in 2023. With the right tools and a bit of practice, you’ll be able to capture stunning photos with your phone.
If you'd like to learn how to enhance your phone photography and practice it with our team, while they assist you, why not join us for one of our UPCOMING WORKSHOPS?
Don't forget to practice and then practice some more;-)
Love CB Team!