You know that feeling when you're about to post on Instagram, but you're stuck scrolling through your phone for ages, searching for something to share?
We've been there too, and we've got your back with some awesome tips to help you make your content creation a breeze, without draining your time or money, instead of it being a thing you dread!
Here are five simple strategies we've been using to help us streamline our content creation process and they don't cost you an arm and a leg or take up all your time!
1. DIY Photo + Video: Fancy equipment and professional photographs do not fit the budget for all small biz owners! Embrace the power of DIY phone photography and videography. With your phone and some creativity, you can capture amazing visuals. Experiment with lighting, composition, and editing apps to make your content pop. And guess what? We have a workshop just for you to boost your phone photography skills coming up in August, click on the links below for more info.
2. Clear Content Pillars: Stay focused and true to your brand by setting clear content pillars. These are key themes / topics that represent your business. Identify a few pillars that cover different aspects of your industry or niche. They'll act as a roadmap, making sure each piece of content aligns with your brand message and resonates with your audience.
3. Plan + Schedule: Organization is the name of the game! Start by outlining your content goals and figuring out what your target audience loves. Create a content calendar with topics, formats, and publishing dates. This proactive approach will keep you on track, help you manage resources efficiently, and ensure you consistently deliver valuable content to your audience.
4. Start with the Blog: Blogging is like the foundation of content creation. Show off your industry knowledge, build credibility, and give your audience valuable insights. I recently read that most content on social media dies within 48 hours of being published! That is mind-blowing to me, considering the amount of time and effort we put into creating social post. Is that really the best use of time? Hell no! so creating a blog gives your content an evergreen home to live and reference back to over and over again! Once you have a blog post, repurpose it into different formats like social media posts, infographics, videos, or reels. This way, you'll get the most out of your content and reach a wider audience.
5. Utilize Canva Templates: Canva is our business best friend. It's a user-friendly tool with loads of customizable templates for social media posts, blog graphics, and more. With its drag-and-drop interface and pre-designed elements, you can create eye-catching visuals that match your brand's style. Creating beautifully designed content on a tight budget and schedule is totally possible!
These five strategies have helped us streamline our content creation process and connect with our audience better, I hope it can do the same for you!
Remember, with a little bit of creativity, resourcefulness, and strategy, your content will engage, build brand awareness, and drive growth without breaking the bank.
All you have to do is START!